Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gone Swimmin'

This past weekend Steve ran the Hood to Coast with the Bodacious Bison. He is in full training mode for the Portland Marathon and this race is always a good test of his endurance. He survived on only 30 minutes of sleep! While he was running we decided to head to the coast to meet him there and bring him home on Saturday rather than wait until Sunday afternoon to see him. This was Maggie's first trip to the beach and I think we have a water baby on our hands. While some kids like to run from the waves, Maggie wanted to run straight into them. She could not get enough of the frigid Oregon Coast. I kept a close eye on her the whole time, well except for the time I was trying to set up my video camera and I wasn't paying attention and she got a mouth full of salt water. That was okay with her though, she just headed back in for more! I love that she loved the beach. It gives me the perfect excuse for getting Steve back there in the near future. How can he resist his daughter? Anyway, here are a few pics of the glorious day spent with my beautiful baby and her Grandparents.

No fear whatsoever.

Love every minute

Staring the waves down, daring them to come closer

Grandpa, Grandma, Maggie and Willy the Whale

What is this substance?

Lemme go Grandpa, I can do it myself!

Me and Mags enjoying the sun and sand

All done! Heading to pick up Daddy in Seaside.

3 comments:

Rachel @ Lautaret Bohemiet said...

Hahaha! I love the one where she's running bottomless as her hat blows in the wind. Classic.

Missy said...

I love that she's a fearless beach bum baby, and what a cute little bum she has! Nice work on the race Steve-o!

Emily said...

My kind of girl! Is there really anything better than the beach and water! Great pictures and congrats to Steve on his race!