Thursday, August 11, 2011

Maggie's First Birthday

I realize that I am almost three weeks late from the actual date of her birth but I have been quite busy. Her actual birthday, July 23rd, passed almost un-noticed. We went to Trout Lake for the wedding of our good friends Hasan and Bekah. It was a beautiful wedding and a wonderful way to celebrate not only their union but also the birth of our daughter. Maggie celebrated by staying up way later than we had planned.
Because of the wedding, we had decided months ago to celebrate her birthday on the 30th with a small party at the zoo. I didn't want a party at home because I didn't want the temptation of inviting too many people. I thought that if I had it at the zoo I could invite just a few of our closest friends and family. We were lucky to have both sets of Grandparents in attendance as Steve's parents flew in from Chicago to celebrate with us.
It is hard to believe that our baby girl is a year old already. She is growing up too fast and while I want to hit the pause button so often I know that our times together will only get better. Steve and I are looking forward to what the next twelve months bring us. For now here is an overload of pictures from the party! Thanks so much to all who made it. We had a wonderful time with all of you!

Grandparents of Maggie and Jameson enjoying a little pre-party

The cupcakes that yours truly made!

Two of my favorite kido-s

Maggie refused to share Jameson's ball!

I love this kissable face!

Missy, J-man, me and Magpie

Maggie FINALLY gets a blahblah. I don't know who was more excited.

Opening gifts

Maggie and Bennett eyeing each other

The Birthday girl looking for more toys.

3 comments:

Rachel @ Lautaret Bohemiet said...

Great post! Cute pix.

I'm still so bummed that we got there after Missy and J already left. It was still fun though. :)

Missy said...

What the hell is a Blahblahblah...and why didn't I think of it first? Damn.

Great party! That will go down as one of my favorite days this summer. Only wish we could've partied longer. Love you guys!

Emily Adamson said...

The cupcakes you made are the cutest!!! Oh and the kid-os are pretty darling too. :) Happy Birthday to Miss M!